Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yard Work

This past weekend B-man worked so hard in our backyard to get our rose garden up to snuff!
He took out all of the mulch, pulled up all of the old weed blocker (black tarp-y stuff) and replaced it all. Thanks so much Hon for all of your work. It looks great!

"Dad, you can use my wagon to bring in the mulch,
but I'll have to supervise."

I also planted some veggies.
Boo is helping me plant the cucumbers here.


Here it is! Doesn't it look nice and fresh?
Don't mind the fallen rose petals in the mulch.
I tried to pick them up, but let's be for real...it was a never ending task.


Close-up

Such a pretty color.


At the end of the roses, there was this extra bit of space.
So, I planted 3 tomato plants, a banana pepper and a couple of cucumber plants.
I really hope they do well. This is our first attempt at growing veggies. I already have my doubts about the cucumber. It was pretty fragile looking when I put it in the ground.


Have a nice day!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am also trying vegies for the first time this year. But I am starting from seeds. I'll wish you luck if you do the same for me. I am hoping to grow some stuff for baby food like the squash I planted.

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I can almost smell the roses from there.
Love, BeBe

B-Mama said...

Great job, B man! I'm really impressed and the yard looks awesome! S, you crack me up with your attempts to pick up the petals. ;) Hope the crops do well!

Paula Faye said...

Glad to see you're growing some veggies. :) Just be sure to water well and fertilize them once in a while (Miracle Gro or the Walmart version) and they will do fine, even the cukes!

Unknown said...

It looks great! I LOVE your pictures with your new camera too! I am trying to convince Brad we need to invest in one :)

Teacher-Mom said...

Looks like your yard is full of life! Good luck with the veggies and enjoy your beautiful rose bushes!

Rachel said...

I'm trying some veggies, too! But my thumb is definitely NOT green. My tomatoes have been planted a total of 5 days and they are already looking pretty dead. :( I've been watering them, too! I promise!