Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembering

Taking time on this Memorial Day to remember all who have sacrificed for our country. Some will remember those from the distant past and others will remember someone who recently made the ultimate sacrifice. Prayers for peace for all who are suffering.

I would also like to take a moment to remember my sweet Aunt Rosemary. She passed yesterday. She was at home and all of her children were with her.

Aunt Rosemary was just the sweetest person you'd ever meet. She loved life and she l-o-v-e-d to laugh. And her laughter was infectious. Almost like the scene in Mary Poppins where they were all laughing and rising to the ceiling. That's what I will miss the most about her. She seemed to see the world through rose colored glasses. And not to a fault either. In a way that made you wish that that's how you saw the world too. And my Uncle Carson...he just absolutely adored her and took such good care of her. They were so much in love.

I think we're all at peace with her passing. It has been a long time coming, but still, we're saddened that she is no longer with us. And, it makes me sad to think of Uncle C without her. He has been totally devoted to her for as long as I can remember.

Prayers for peace for our family and especially for comfort for Uncle Carson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sally, I couldn't have said it better.
Love BeBe

Anonymous said...

BeBe (in Laurens) called yesterday. Dianne and I are thinking of all of you during this difficult time. Please pass our love on to everyone.
Neal

Anonymous said...

We all have great memories of Aunt Ro...I know that those will help, and she would love it if we all got tickled about something together! Laughing so hard it made your belly hurt! Aunt Ro you will be missed and we all love you very, very much! All of my love to Uncle C and their children.
Love Robin